Premiere Pro


I have downloaded Premiere Pro and I have installed it onto my computer. I have discovered some of the articles on the website which I feel will help me when building my video. 

One of the articles I have found suggests that a video is all about the way in which you tell the story. 


It states on the article that one of the best ways to engage with your audience is by adding emotion. I am going to be doing this in my own video, there will be sound and images that in my opinion will raise emotions, some good and some bad. It also states that the audience will lose interest if there are gaps in the story, this makes sense as some people can often lose interest if they can't quite work out what is going on. 



This article has been helpful, I feel I have an understanding now that when I create my video I need to try and ensure that the story has a start, end and a middle, when it comes to my video I have thought about perhaps having the negative stuff at the start, for example the police brutality and then having it end on a positive note, but I am not one hundred percent sure yet what I want to do as It is for my final major project and so far I have been collecting the material, I haven't started thinking about the layouts yet, I am going to be going through all the material I have collected before I start on the layouts. I also need to think about the layout in a sense that it will engage my audience and it wont make people lose interest, to do this I will pick the most visually pleasing images that I have produced and make sure that there is a sequence to my video, my aim is to try and have the photos in an order which will keep the audience hooked. 

I have never made a video before so I am extremely excited. I am excited be learning new skills and making an outcome which I have never done before. I am also nervous to be testing my self and overcoming boundaries but that is the best way to be in the creative industry, how will I ever know what I am good at until I try and do it. I like to push myself to find out what I can do, other wise I get bored and lose motivation.

So the idea that I have in my mind is to create a video by using images in a sequence, I guess it is a moving collage of imagery. In the video I will have a mixture of images and short clips, I want to have some article trimmings in there too. I want to have text in my work - that will glimpses of some of the statements that I collect from other peoples opinions about the free party culture. for example I want to include the nice statements that people say about why they go to free parties, lots of people say its because of the sense of freedom and being able to express themselves and dance. I want to include loads of positive outlooks to help show that parties are not always what they are made out to be in the media, we are not all disrespectful and horrible to the lands and leave rubbish around, we are all there for the same reasons, to be together, to dance and to have a nice time. 

So that is the story which I want to create. A happy one, a different side to the free party culture, a positive story from an insiders perspective. 



Another article on the Premier Pro section on the Adobe website suggests that sound is at least half the content of your video. 

The sound in my video will be important in some aspects as I want to include some clips which help me with the statement I am trying to project for example I have a video clip which was sent to me from a friend which shows the after math of a free party in a place called Denbigh, it was spotless as we, especially in our group have a policy which says; leave no trace, this means leave no evidence of even being there let alone any rubbish. A lot of posts that are posted by the media are before anyone has had a chance to clean up, this then is posted all over the internet and the free party culture is made out to be disrespectful of the land or area, don't get me wrong, I imagine there have been many parties that have left the place in a state that is not what I am trying to show, what I am trying to show is that the media can often make it out that we are all like that but we are not.  

I

Above is the video I was previously talking about. 


I have also been thinking about talking to a friend who knows how to produce his own tracks, I thought maybe we could have a collaboration together and I could create the video and he could create the sound to go behind it, this is just an idea and I have not yet asked this person. 

Like I say I have not made a video in the past so this is all new to me. There are plenty of articles and information I can find online and even on Premiere there are many how to videos so I am sure I will be more than capable of creating an effective final piece. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seana Gavin

Interests and Inspirations