Mark Sleigh

I am involved in a poetry group on Facebook which me and my friend set up just after the first lockdown to keep ours and others minds occupied in these strange times. The page is called 'Write in the middle of the week', we set it up so that people could express themselves and Mark Sleigh is a member in our group. 

I got chatting to a person called Mark Sleigh, as I had been talking to my friend about my dissertation and she thought he would be a good person to talk to. She was right. 

Mark Sleigh spent a long period of time involved in the free party scene. He spent fifteen years of his life travelling across europe in his campervan and living in squats in London until eventually he fell in love in Berlin. Mark Sleigh became a teacher and began teaching English and settled in the city of Paris. Now living in  Thailand with his family.

Mark Sleigh has just published a book it's called 'Those Who Were Dancing: From Rave to the Grave'. 


Below are some screen shots from the conversations myself and Mark have had. It has been an amazing experience talking to another creative individual about their work. Mark Sleigh has many contacts of people who have been a massive part of the free party scene and he has kindly offered to help me, he has said that if I want he will message people from the Spiral Tribe for me. 













The Spiral Tribe have been a massive part of the free party movement, for me to be in contact with them is such a great experience, I am waiting for Mark to respond at the moment, hopefully someone from the Spiral Tribe will agree to have a chat with me. It is amazing to think that I can just go back and talk to Mark Sleigh about the history of the free party scene if I want to and I know that he wouldn't mind. Mark has even asked me if he could read my dissertation when I have finished it which made me feel very proud of my chosen subject and made me feel relieved that someone will find it interesting to read. 

I am happy that Mark messaged me and we got to talking, it has been a good experience and I have enjoyed speaking with a fellow creative. Mark Sleigh has inspired me think that I could possibly publish my own book to as his book 'Those Who Were Dancing - From Rave to the Grave, was self published. I now have another great contact to fall back on, to ask questions for my research and to generally just chat about creative subjects that not all individuals are interested in. 


I have purchased a copy of Mark Sleighs book 'Those Who Were Dancing - From Rave to the Grave'. It will be arriving on Monday the 18th of January, Im very excited and I am also intrigued to read it as from what I have read on the description it is classed as a 'murder mystery', I am curious about the story. I am excited to read it. It will be good to have another source of information, I am happy that I have spoken to Mark Sleigh and now purchased his book, as I have been speaking to him it makes it seem more personal that I am going to read his book and see things from his perspective. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premiere Pro

Seana Gavin

Interests and Inspirations