Exhibition Survey 2021

 I have created a survey using the website Survey Monkey to help me establish whether people would attend galleries and exhibitions in May this year. 

I wanted to keep the questionnaire short and simple so that I wouldn't lose interest in the people who were answering the questions. I had a total of 43 responses, I am only able to see 40, the website was trying to charge me to see the other ones by upgrading my plan, I cannot afford this so I have decided to use the information from the 40 responses. 


Q1. What is your age?


The survey allowed me to find out that the most common people filling out my survey were aged from 25-34 and no one under the age of 18 answered the questionnaire. From this survey I have found that my target audience would be people aged between 25 and 34, as this was the highest number, although the age group 18-24 came pretty close. I can see that the people perhaps least interested would be the people aged 55 to 44. 

Q2. Are you interested in photography exhibitions? 


From this question I can see that most people are interested in photography exhibitions where as 3 are not and one person skipped the question. 


Q3. Would you consider visiting a photography exhibition in a gallery in May this year?



I thought this question was important as this could give me an insight to see if people would attend are end of year exhibition. From the results I can see that most people said yes and only 4 people said no, which to me is a positive response. Obviously if we are in lockdown again it will be online but at least this has given me hope that if we did put on a show perhaps people would attend. 


Q4. Would you be interested in viewing a photography exhibition online this summer? 

From the results from this question I can see that only 2 people said they would not be interested in viewing an exhibition online this summer which is also a positive response. 


Q5. Would you be interested in viewing my work based on my friends and our community and how we have been involved in the free party scene in an exhibition/gallery?


40 out of 40 people answered yes on this question which made me feel very happy. It is a comfort to know that people would be interested in my work if it was being displayed. Hopefully people are not just being being polite.. 


Q6.  I have many images that I want to display, what would interest you the most when viewing the images

It is interesting to see that most people would want to see my images displayed in frames and the least would prefer a selection. I want to create a video with audio, however this has given me the idea to perhaps have maybe two or three quite large images framed on the wall. 

I have never done a survey to collect opinions about my own work before so this has been useful to me. It is interesting to see other peoples responses and I am happy with the questions I have asked it has given me an insight and understanding that people would attend an exhibition this year even with what is going on in the world so this is hopeful and it has also gave me a confidence boost as all 40 people said that would be interested in my work. All in all this has given me a positive outlook on the exhibition ahead. 




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premiere Pro

Seana Gavin

Interests and Inspirations