Introduction

Last year, on the second year of the foundation course, I based my projects on a personal journey of my life from when I was growing up and how myself and friends and family travelled from festival to festival. I combined images I had collected from relatives and friends with images that I had taken throughout the summer as I worked away in festivals as a litter picker. There is a wonderful contrast attending festivals as a child and as an adult, in a sense it is a lot different, but the same feelings come from them, there is a feeling of freedom, a way of expressing yourself and I like to think I captured some of these moments in my photography, which I then transformed it into a modernised scrapbook. 

I intend to peruse this idea as I feel I have found my passion, my work is personal to me, I feel like it shows a part of my identity, I have been attending festivals and parties since I was a child, I was one years old when I attended Glastonbury for the first time. I feel like this style of documentary work describes me as a photographer just right, I know I will probably face some challenges along the way due to the recent circumstances in the world, but I have many images to work with. 

I have been working with film the last couple of months and I have attended a few parties where I have captured some shots of the party goers. I intend to research the works of Tom Hunter a British photographer, who travelleled around Europe documenting his friends and the communal lifestyle he was living. I intent to research Seana Gavin, a London based artist who was involved in the rave scene in the 1990's and Matt Smith a documentary photographer from Bristol who captured the rave and free party scene in the 90s and still active photographer. I am also interested in researching the works of Gavin Watson, Dave Swindells, Adam Friedman and Teddy Fitzhugh, they captured the rave scene in the late 80's. 

 Below are some examples of a few images taken from my book: 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premiere Pro

Seana Gavin

Interests and Inspirations